Canada and United States
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use your information?
- Will your information be shared with anyone?
- How long do we keep your information?
- How do we keep your information safe?
- Do we collect information from minors?
- What are your privacy rights?
- Do California Residents have specific privacy rights?
- Do we make updates to this policy?
- How can you contact us about this policy?
1) WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may ask you to provide Personal Information when you:
- Use our website;
- Request quotes, services, support, downloads, trials, whitepapers or information;
- Place orders for products or services or register for events or webinars;
- Apply for credit, leasing or other financing products and services;
- Participate in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotional activities online or in any other venue;
- Subscribe to newsletters, educational programs, promotional emails or other materials;
- Apply for a job, submit your resume/CV or create a candidate profile; or
- Contact us.
Personal Information we request may include your email address, name, home address and telephone number. If you make a purchase, we may ask for your credit card number and billing information. When you become a customer of our application and services, we collect information about your transactions, including your purchases, account balances and payments.
Job applicants may be asked to provide information such as educational background, employment experience and job interest, and such information may be recorded and processed in different countries in which Texada operates. We may also collect demographic information that is permitted by law, such as your business or company information, age, gender, and interests. Forms that you choose to complete will indicate whether information requested is mandatory or voluntary.
We may collect information about your visits to our website, including the pages you view, the links and advertisements you click, search terms you enter, and other actions you take in connection with Texada’s websites and services. We may also collect certain information from the browser you use to visit our websites, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our websites and any URLs you select on our websites.
In order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with us, information collected through one source may be combined with information that we obtain through other sources. We may also supplement the information we collect with information obtained from other parties, including our Business Partners and other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information, marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
2) HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Texada uses your Personal Information to:
- Deliver the quotes, services and support or carry out the transactions you have requested;
- Send communications to you, such as product safety information, your transaction status including order confirmations, information about particular programs in which you have chosen to participate, information about products and services available from Texada, promotional offers and surveys;
- Facilitate communications to you;
- Customize, analyze and improve our products, services (including the content and advertisements on our website), technologies, communications and relationship with you;
- Enforce our conditions of sale, website terms and/or separate contracts (if applicable) with you;
- Identify patterns of behaviour to offer relevant suggestions to users. For example, based on data collected through cookies on our website, we may be able to determine that users who viewed certain products may also like other specific products. These cookies are not tied to personal identifiers;
- Meet our legal and regulatory requirements;
- Enforce our contracts with you;
- Detect, suppress or prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the security or integrity of our website(s), our business(es), or our products or services; or
- Otherwise, as disclosed to you when we collect such Personal Information.
Personal Information collected may be stored and processed in Canada, the United States or any other country in which Texada or its affiliates and its subsidiaries or Business Partners maintain facilities.
3) WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests in Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or act regarding potential violations of or policies, suspect fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business not another company.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services and promotions.
- Payment Processing. We may share your information as necessary to obtain and maintain your credit history, provide credit references, process payments, and otherwise manage our accounts and fulfill our legal and regulatory requirements.
- With your consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Some Business Partners are located outside of Canada, including in the United States. Likewise, some Texada facilities may also be located outside of Canada. As a result, your Personal Information may be collected, processed and stored in another jurisdiction. Reasonable contractual and other measures we may take to protect your Personal Information while processed or handled by these Business Partners are subject to legal requirements applicable to our Business Partners; for example, lawful requirements to disclose Personal Information to government authorities in certain circumstances.
4) HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
Texada takes reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- Using encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information, such as credit card details;
- Limiting physical access to the premises where data is stored;
- Limiting access to the information we collect about you; and
- Ensuring that we and our Business Partners have appropriate security safeguards to keep personal information secure.
5) HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
6) DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 18 years of age. By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under 18, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7) WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
More information about your privacy rights as Canadians can be found here: https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/privacy-topics/privacy-laws-in-canada/the-personal-information-protection-and-electronic-documents-act-pipeda/p_principle/
If you are a resident of Canada and believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you can find additional information regarding the complaint process here: https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/report-a-concern/leg_info_201405/
8) DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request to us in writing using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have visited the website or used our application or services, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly provided the website, our applications or services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the information provided below, and include identifying information associated with your request and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure data is not publicly displayed on the website, but please be aware that your data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
9) DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
10) HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have any further questions or comments about our policies, email us at email@example.com or by post to:
Suite #330, 7-871 Victoria St. N.,
Kitchener, ON N2B 3S4 Canada
Last updated: January 31, 2020